Group study rooms
In the Main Library in the Old Town and the Neuenheim Branch, group study rooms are available for you to work together. Reservations can only be made online. The group study rooms in the Main Library in the Old Town are located in the reading room. You can use the following rooms for working:
- 6 group study rooms with whiteboards. Pens and sponges are available at the reading room counter.
- 2 group study rooms with smartboards and projectors (rooms o2.1 and o3.1 on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Triplex)
- 2 group study rooms with smart screens (room w3.1 and w3.2 on the 3rd floor triplex)
All group study rooms are accessible during the entire opening hours of the reading room:
Mon - Fri: 8:30 am to 1 am
Sat + Sun: 9 am to 1 am
Notes on use
- The rooms can only be reserved online.
- Reservations can be made by members of Heidelberg University with a Uni-ID and students of Heidelberg University of Education.
- A group study room can be reserved for up to 3 hours.
- Group study rooms can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance.
- A reservation expires if it has not been honoured within 15 minutes of the start of the reservation, if the room is only used by a single person or if there is no longer a person in the room.
- A reservation expires if it has not been converted into a booking within 24 hours. For bookings on the same day, the reservation must be confirmed within 2 hours.
- The group rooms w3.1 to w3.6 in the Triplex are barrier-free accessible
How the reservation system works
To make a reservation, two users (user 1, user 2) must log in one after the other with their personal ID.
- Booking: User 1 logs in with their personal ID and password, clicks on a free planning segment, selects the exact booking time and enters the personal ID of user 2.
- Booking: User 2 logs in with their personal ID and password, clicks on the reserved plan segment and converts the reservation into a booking via "Confirm reservation".
- Cancellation: User 1 or User 2 logs in, clicks on the plan segment marked as reserved and deletes the reservation