Usage hints A-Z: N
Alphabet of keywords:
- National licences
- Databases and e-journals provided through a national licence are listed in the Database information system (DBIS) as well as in the electronic journal library of Heidelberg. E-books are listed in HEIDI and, if they are part of a database or a bundle, are also listed in DBIS.
- Neuenheim Branch Library
- New acquisitions lists of the specialised information services
- New acquisitions lists for the University Library’s DFG specialised information services Egyptology, Classical Archaeology and Art (early modern and modern art history until 1945 and general fine arts) are generated monthly and sorted by topic. To subscribe to the lists please use MyUB-Info. As external user without a library card, or if you wish a list sorted by subjects for the Fine Arts or South Asia please contact
Dr. Maria Effinger to be entered in a special distribution list.
- For general information about the holding of the University Library please consult the survey Newspapers in the University Library (only in German). Heidelberg University Library holds an extensive collection of historical newspapers (only in German) that were published in and around Heidelberg. Many of these newspapers are also available online. The current issue of the printed newspapers is available in the reading rooms.
Newspapers are also listed in Heidi. In addition to the search category “Title keywords” select “periodicals only”.
The University Library has licensed the database Nexis that gives access to international, national and regional newspapers (e.g. Die
Welt, The Independent), news services and news agencies.
- Non-members of the University
- Since January 1st 2007 a basic fee (only in German) is applicable for using the services of the University Library. Members of the University (academics, staff and students) are exempted from this fee. Other reasons for exemption are listed in the fees and fines (only in German).