Reading Room Neuenheim (LSN)
Information Centre / Reading Room
Mon-Fri 8:30am - 10:00pm
Sat+Sun 9:00am - 10:00pm
- Over 18,000 books on medicine and the natural sciences
- Collection of geographical maps
- 170 reader work stations
- Photocopier/printer (coin-operated and CampusCard operated, colour and black and white)
- WiFi for Heidelberg University members with valid reader card
- Teaching Room
- Bookable Group study rooms (Online-Reservierungssystem)
Our Reading Room is open to the public. Readers can choose their work stations freely. Reservations are not possible. This is due to reader numbers often exceeding the number of reader desks.
Our study room can be used by groups of up to eight people and is bookable online. Three other group study rooms are situated on the ground floor.
Interdisciplinary reference works, dictionaries, textbooks and general literature in order of subject:
- General (Reading Room shelfmark = LSN Al)
- Astronomy (= E)
- Biology (= P)
- Chemistry (= K)
- Dictionaries (= A)
- Earth sciences (without geography) (= M)
- Ecology (= B)
- Geography (= N)
- IT (= D)
- Mathematics (= D)
- Medicine (= Med)
- Natural sciences , general (= B)
- Pharmacy (= Med)
- Physics (= G)
- Sports (= Y)
- Technology (= V)
Subject bibliographies are situated in the Reading Room, shelfmark ‚IZN…‘.
All collections situated in the Reading Room can be searched through our online catalogue HEIDI. Reading Room collections are marked with the letters ‘LSN…’. Information on the location of a title can be found by clicking the full title. There you also find information on whether a title can be borrowed.
- Books which can be borrowed are situated on the third floor in the Loans Department. Please remember to bring your library card or Uni-ID card.
- Parts of our collections cannot be borrowed, e.g. titles published before 1880 and other protected materials. However, these titles can be ordered and used within the reading room. Please note that ordered books are kept for inspection in the Reading Room for five days only. If not claimed within this time frame they will be brought back to the strong room. After first use the books remain in the Reading Room for four weeks. They can be renewed for another four weeks. Inter library loan books will be kept in the Reading Room for the complete loan period of four weeks whether claimed or not.
- Please note: For conservation reasons photocopying is not always permitted. If you need photocopies of protected material you can order reproductions.
- Reading Room collections cannot be borrowed. We offer, however, overnight, weekend and bank holiday loans.