Extension of services for members of the university during the time of Covid-19 pandemic
- Book order service for members of the university
- Document delivery service HEDD
- Extended research services
- Electronic ressources
Delivery from the UB collections
For all members of the university the possibility to order from the UB collections for delivery by mail. This offer is valid if the person ordering agrees to pay the postage charges.
Extension of Electronic Document Delivery Service
Extension of the document delivery service HEDD (Heidelberger Electronic Document Delivery) to students of the University of Heidelberg.
Extended research services
For your scientific work, we also offer you the possibility of conducting thematic research and compiling literature lists on your behalf. The scope of the request and the procedure we follow will be decided individually with you. Please send your enquiries by e-mail to the library information desk , quoting your Uni-ID.
Extended access to electronic resources
- This list is currently under construction and will be extended as necessary.
- Please note the product-specific information regarding accessibility / authentication.
1. Free online access to publisher platforms during the corona crisis
2. Various publishers are supporting the University of Heidelberg during the Corona crisis by releasing additional or previously unlicensed content
Activated or extended content has been specifically arranged for the University of Heidelberg by the following:
New: Remote Access/access from off-campus for all members of Heidelberg University; a personal login name is required (2-factor-authentication). If you have already registered with Beck Online, you can also use this ID for eBibliothek.
- Beck Online
New: remote access / off-campus access for all members of Heidelberg University. Personal registration is required for access (2-step authentication)
- Coronavirus Research Database (Proquest)
New: Sources (COVID-19). Including coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak, this database curates openly available content related to coronaviruses. It includes thousands of open-access articles from the world’s leading publishers as well as current research from pre-print repositories. Authentication by Uni-ID, when accessing from off-campus.
Limit: no limit as of today
- ESVcampus (ebooks published by Erich Schmidt Verlag)
New: Access to ca. 600 e-books from the disciplines law, economy, taxes and ca. 220 e-books of philology for the members of Heidelberg University. The titles are also listed in our online catalogue HEIDI.
- F.A.Z.-Bibliotheksportal (Remote Access)
New: Access to the electronic version of Frankfurter Allgemeinen Zeitung (including the archive 49-92) for members of Heidelberg University („Remote Access“).
- Franz Steiner Verlag eLibrary (E-Books)
New: Access to ca. 600 e-books 1.200 E-Books for members of Heidelberg University. The titles are also listed in our online catalogue HEIDI.
Limit: March 2021
- JSTOR Lives of Literature Collection
New: Access to back files from approx. 80 e-journals. JSTOR's Lives of Literature Collection, which is still under construction, is characterized by scientific journals that deal intensively with writers and texts related to important literary movements. The individual certificates are also documented in the HEIDI electronic catalog.
- SpringerProtocols (Corona-Viren)
New: The content includes, among other things, the detection of corona viruses in different species, protocols for the development of the vaccine, the understanding of the ultrastructure of viruses for the development of new drugs, etc. Access is free.
- Textbooks on ScienceDirect (Elsevier)
Title list as Excel file
New: access to the text books.
Please activate the VPN client of the Computing Centre (URZ), when accessing from off-campus.