Use of the Reading Room due to Corona / Covid-19
Due to the protective measures taken in connection with SARS-CoV-2, the following restrictions apply:
- Admission: Only members of Heidelberg University will be admitted to the study desks. Please identify yourself at the entrance with your student ID or Service Card.
- Number of visitors: the number of users is limited per floor. Access is organised via a system of seat cards, where each visitor takes a seat card when entering the building, which they must return when leaving. The upper limit is 325 people.
- Media: External users are allowed to use books which can only be ordered to the reading room in the area of the service desk and to borrow bound journals with the signature “ZSA” and receive scheduled access to the reference collections.
- Length of stay: the maximum amount of time per stay is limited to 4 hours.
- Copy rooms: the copy/scanner rooms may only be used by one person at a time.
- Group study rooms: the group study rooms remain closed.
- Leaving the reading room: You must return used books from the reference collections yourself. All personal belongings should be taken with you eyery time when leaving the reading room.
- Safety instructions: please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from other people in all areas. In public areas such as corridors and toilets, the wearing of a face mask which covers mouth and nose is obligatory. This also applies to all public areas within the reading room including the areas between the shelves. The regulations relating to the Corona ordinance of the state of Baden-Württemberg in its current version will apply.
- Data collection about your stay in the reading room: According to the Corona Ordinance on Study and Art and the current version of the Corona Ordinance of the State of Baden-Württemberg, the University Library is obliged to collect data from visitors and users in order to be able to trace any possible routes of infection. The data will be destroyed after 4 weeks.
These restrictions also apply to our reading room in Neuenheim with minor adjustments concerning e.g. the number of available desks.