Usage hints A-Z: P
Alphabet of keywords
- Palatina digital
- Pamphlet catalogue see Dissertation catalogue
- Parking see Underground parking
- During registration for the use of the University Library you choose your password and write it on the registration form (pdf). It can be between eight and twelve characters long, upper and lower case sensitive. The password is needed in combination with your user number, which is printed on your library card, to access the self service functions in HEIDI, licensed electronic media (databases, e-books, e-journals) as well as to use the work stations.
Due to data protection regulations the library has no access to your password. If you have forgotten your password you can change it in the lending services after proving your identity.
If you have forgotten your password for your Uni ID account you can get a new one at the URZ-service.
- Password change
- Through the function “change password” in your HEIDI-user account you can change your password.
- PC-Pool see Multimedia Centre (MMZ)
- The file format PDF/A was developed especially for long term archiving of electronic documents and correlates to the ISO standard 19005. Since 2015 the format is obligatory for documents on the Heidelberg document server heiDOK.
- Photography and reproduction services see Reproduction of library materials
- Plagiarism and detecting plagiarisms
- Postage charges
- Corresponding to the current standard letter rate is only to be paid for notifications of books ready to be picked up. These are prebooked books, books from other branches (e.g. requested to the Main Library from the Neuenheim Branch Library) and interlibrary loans. Notifications by e-mail are exempt from postage charges.
- It is possible to print from almost all public computers and from your personal laptop. You can call up your printing jobs from different printers / copy machines in the university library and on campus:
- Library copy / printer stations with CampusCard / student ID:
- Information Centre in the Neuenheim branch library (DIN-A4 black and white)
- Multimedia centre (DIN-A4 and DIN-A3, black and white)
- Reading rooms in the main library and the Neuenheim branch library (DIN-A4 and DIN-A3, black and white or colour)
- Library copy / printer stations with coins:
- Information Centre in the main library and the Neuenheim branch library (DIN-A4 black and white)
- Cost: black and white prints paid by CampusCard are 4 cent per DIN-A4-sheet and 8 cent per DIN-A3-sheet, paid with coins 5 cent per DIN-A4-sheet.
Colour prints (paid with CampusCards) are 23 cent per DIN-A4-sheet and 46 cent per DIN-A3-sheet.
- Instructions for printing from your personal laptop:
- Please use the web portal to upload documents to print. On the printer, make sure the print settings are correct. You can select the number of copies and choose between black and white or colored, as well as double- or one-sided printing (instruction).
- Instructions for printing from mobile devices:
To send print tasks from mobile devices you have to install an app. The instructions can be found on the website of the URZ (only in German).
- Profile of Heidelberg University Library
- Projects of Heidelberg University Library see Third party funds projects
- The Graduate Academy offers support in proofreading for English texts only for doctoral students and for formatting of publications in German. The International Relations Office offers general writing courses for foreign students who need help with term papers.
- Propylaeum-DOK - publication platform for classical and ancient studies
- Proxy settings
- Publication lists of lecturer see Heidelberg Lecturers‘ Bibliography
- Public relations and communications
- Publishing fund see Open access publishing fund
- Heidelberg University Library supports academics, who publish articles in open access journals through a publishing fund. Academics of Heidelberg University can apply for funding of the publishing fee. Due to the expiration of the funding programs from which the fund has been financed, the service cannot be continued in 2021. However, financial support for Open Access publication costs is still possible through discounts granted in the context of framework agreements with various publishers.
- Publishing at Heidelberg University Library
- see Electronic publishing - Open Access
- Purchase requests
- The Library welcomes acquisition recommendations via this form and are warmly welcomed.
See also Art books by request – Make a wish!