Usages hints A-Z: M
Alphabet of keywords
- Manesse see also Codex Manesse
- Manuscript reading room (LSH)
- The manuscript reading room can be found on the ground floor in the east wing (turn right upon entering the building) and is accessed via room 023
There you can view the previously requested items that are managed by the Special Collections department.
- Manuscripts, digitised
- Atlases can be found in the reading room of the main library (LAS) under the shelf mark Geo-T and in the reading room of the Neuenheim Branch Library under the shelf mark N-T.
Historic maps can be requested through the special collections department
- Media server (only in German) of Heidelberg University
- video recordings and media files
- Memory Stick see Multimedia Centre (MMZ) and Enquiry and reference service in the Neuenheim Branch Library (IZN)
- Mendeley (reference management system)
- further information see also about reference management systems
- Microform-Collections for art history (only in German)
- Microform prints see Multimedia Centre (MMZ) (main library)
- Microform reader and re-enlargement machines see Multimedia Centre (MMZ)
- Mobile phone
- Please note that the use of mobile phones is not permitted in several areas of the library (e.g. the reading rooms, the Multimedia Centre (MMZ) and Information Centre).
- Money change machine
- In the Information Centre in the main library you will find a money change machine
. It accepts 5, 10 and 20 Euro notes and exchanges them for 1 and 2 Euro coins.
- Moodle (Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is an electronic open source study management system. It is used at Heidelberg University as e-learning platform. It is maintained by the E-Learning centre (only in German).
Additionally to print publications the University Library bought an Online-Lernprogramm (only in German). The use of this program is restricted to members of Heidelberg University. The platform offers services like simple file storage, online-assignments, statistical evaluations, a calendar, surveys, a wiki, forum and chat.
- work stations with multimedia software are available in the Main Library in the Multimedia Centre (MMZ) and in the Neuenheim Branch Library in the Enquiry and reference service.
- Multimedia Centre (MMZ)
- On the 1st floor of the Main Library
work stations with different software are available for students and members of Heidelberg University to work with multimedia files and/or to write papers.
You can work with audiovisual and electronic media as well as create and edit electronic documents. You can connect a USB-drive to the work stations. There are also laptop work places and access to the internet via WLAN.
The MMZ also offers the possibility to use audiovisual media (DVD, video tape, microfiche and microfilm). These items can not be borrowed.
All users of the University Library can scan pictures, slides, microfiches, microfilms or their own documents at the scanner stations to their own data storage device. For printing out single pages a fee is required.
- In 1949 the Society ‚Museum‘ donated its book collection to the University Library. The contents are mainly focused on popular literature, journey accounts, geography, literature, war literature and popular scientific literature. The works are available via the online catalogue HEIDI: start the query with the search option ‘shelf-mark UB‘ and the phrase ‚Museum‘.
- is a profile service for new books and media in the University Library. Several personalised profiles are possible and can be used independently. For example, you can have a separate profile for each research project. You can choose whether you subscribe by e-mail, RSS or directly in your browser.