Manasi (Calcutta, 1908-1915) and Manasi o Marmabani (Calcutta, 1915-1930)
One of the most important periodicals on literature. “Manasi” was started in 1908 and continued for seven years when “Marmabani”, another important weekly on literature, merged with it and jointly continued as a monthly. Continued over a long period. Important reviews on art and literature, news of literary activities and criticism were also published.
First seven years of the periodical continued as “Manasi” independently then merged with another weekly “Marmabani” and began publishing in the name of “Manasi o marmabani”.
- Induprakash Bandyopadhyay
- Shibratan Mitra
- Subodhchandra Bandyopadhyay
- Fakirchandra Chattopadhyay
- Jatindramohan Bagchi
- Jagadindranath Ray
- Prabhatkumar Mukhopadhyay
Custodian of microfilm copies:
Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta, Kolkata, W.B., India
- Vol. 1, no. 1 [Falgun, 1315 (February, 1909)] - Vol. 7, no. 3 [Baisakh, 1322 (April, 1915)]
- Vol. 8, no. 1 [Baisakh, 1322 (April, 1915)] - Vol. 21, no. 12 [Magh, 1336 (January, 1930)]
Custodian of paper copies:
Bangiya Sahitya Parishat, Kolkata, W.B., India