Usage hints A-Z: O
Alphabet of keywords:
- Online catalogue see HEIDI
- Online interlibrary loan
- OPAC (= Online public access catalogue) see also HEIDI
- Open Access – electronic publishing
- Heidelberg University Library supports open access. This publishing model provides free access to academic journals. The University Library coordinates the open access activities of Heidelberg University on behalf of the President’s Office by offering different services.
- Open access publishing fund
- Heidelberg University Library supports academics who publish articles in open access journals through a publishing fund. Academics of Heidelberg University can apply for funding for the publishing fee.
- Open Journal Systems see heiJOURNALS
- With Heidelberger OJS-Journals the University Library offers free software for the publication of your e-journals. As an academic of Heidelberg University you can publish your own e-journal and manage the editorial process with OJS.
- Open Monograph Press
- With Open Monograph Press (OMP) the University Library supplies open source software for publishing monographs and collected editions. Publish your work on this platform and manage the publication process with the help of integrated editorial tools (internal / external review, copy-editing etc.).
- Open Stacks
- Here you find all readily borrowable library holdings. You can access the open stacks through the lending service (shelf marks: LA.../ LN.../83 A/ 81 B ff/75 H/K ff) or through the reading room (ZSA … / ZSN …). For more detailed information please contact the staff in the lending service, the information Centre or the reading room. Please note that the opening hours of the lending service differ from those of the library. In the open stacks of the main library you will also find the self-service shelves.
- Opening hours
- of the Main Library and the Neuenheim Branch Library
- OpenURL see Linkresolver
- Overdue fines
- The fines can be paid in cash or with the student ID card / CampusCard in the lending service. Fines of more than 5 Euros can be paid by bank transfer. Please note that there might be a delay between the bank transfer and the clearing of your library account.
- Overnight loan
- Almost all books in the reading rooms can be borrowed overnight.
Reading room Main Library (LSA): books are issued Monday to Sunday between 8 and 9:30 pm.
Reading room Neuenheim Branch Library (LSN): books are issued Monday to Sunday after 8 pm.
Please present the book at the information desk. The book will be issued to you as a special loan. Books need to be returned on the next day before 10:30 am. If books are not brought back on time special fines are charged to your library account (see fees and fines §3,2 (only in German)).
See also Holiday loan