Usage hints A-Z: E
Alphabet of keywords:
- The University Library offers a comprehensive selection of E-books. Searching and access is possible via the library catalogue HEIDI.
- (Resources by subject, DFG Special Information Service)
- Electronic journals see also e-journals
- Electronic journal library of Heidelberg
- The electronic journal library is a reference and access tool for electronic journals. It also includes free journals with a full text content of at least 50%. HEIDI automatically includes the journal titles in searches.
- Electronic publishing - Open Access
- The Heidelberg University Library supports open access. This publishing model provides free access to academic journals. The university library coordinates the open access activities of Heidelberg University on behalf of the President’s Office.
- E-mail for students
- Internet use is to be limited to scientific/educational purposes. For other activities you can use the Internet cafés of the University and commercial internet cafés (public library, DAI, etc.). For URZ-Mail (Computing Centre of the University) you need a separate “user-ID” that was given to you at matriculation or that you can request from the URZ (Computing Centre of the University).
- can be found in the reading room of the main library (LSA) under LSA Al-A or shelved with their respective subjects; in the reading room in the Neuenheim branch under LSN-A or shelved with the respective subjects. Biographic lexicons can be found under LSA-Biog.
- Endnote (reference management software)
- for further information see also reference management software
- Energy saving
- The University Library strives to save energy and resources.
- Energy saving packs
We offer two energy saving packs that can be borrowed. The packs contain a brochure with valuable energy saving tips. The packs were provided to us by the Umweltbundesamt (Federal Office for the Environment) in cooperation with the No-Energy-Foundation for climate protection and resource efficiency.
- Location of pack 1: information desk of the reading room in the main library
- Location of pack 2: Information Centre in the Neuenheim branch library
They can be borrowed for a period of two weeks.
- Enquiry and reference services IZA/IZN
- Librarians in the information centres (IZA/IZN) are available during the service hours (see also information by e-mail) to provide catalogue information, bibliographic information and a wide range of other information. They can also advise on the use of electronic media. If you have special subject-related questions, please contact the responsible subject specialist.
- Entlastungsvermerk see exmatriculation
heiJOURNALS (only in German) is a service for academics and researchers of Heidelberg University to publish their own e-journals.
- Examination rules and regulations of Heidelberg University
- Exhibitions can be found in the exhibition rooms in the main library on the first floor. A permanent exhibition about old writing and writing materials can be found on the 1st floor.
- For your exmatriculation you need proof that you have no obligations towards the university library, such as loaned books or fees. The Certificate of Discharge (Entlastungsvermerk) is obtainable in the lending service of the main library (ground floor, west wing), or the lending service of the Neuenheim branch library. Books on the existing library account have to be presented and can be issued to a different account. The application for exmatriculation as pdf file can be found on the websites of the study administration.
- Exporting and printing see printing
- Express-delivery for Specialized information services
- see Subito for Specialized information services
- External users
- As of January 1st 2007 a basic fee (text only in German) is charged for the use of the library services. Members of the University (academics, staff and students) are exempt. Other causes for exemption are regulated in the Fees and Fines (only in German).
- EZB see also electronic journal library Heidelberg